Sunday, June 28, 2015

Day 29: Port Ontario to Inlet

After a night of deep restful sleep, Will and Wes hit the road on another stellar morning. Meanwhile, I got to stay back and enjoy Selkik Shores state forest via foot trails.  Even though I only planned to run for 45 minutes I couldn't help but extend the run to an hour just because of the soft trails.

The first stop of the day was in Boonville. Will was really tired and didn't seem to have gotten much sleep after a night in the tent. He took a 10 minute nap in the car after lunch before setting off again.

After waiting around Boonville for a while I sped up ahead to find them once again. In the process I entered Adirondack State park. There were campsites every 4/5 miles it seemed. Campfire wood being sold at every bend and lakes practically every mile. Taken aback by the change in scenery, I missed the bikers who had taken a stop at a gas station. I ended up in Old Forge, a bustling town at the base of a large lake. Eventually they caught up to me.

Will was still tired and lacking energy. As a solution Wes offered to buy him all the candy he wanted. We walked out with two grocery bags of calorie packed goods. Will chomped down on some gummy worms while Wes downed an energy shake. Refueled they hit the road for the final stretch of the day.

Finally we reached the town of Inlet, Will and Wes took a quick rest before pounding out the last 7 miles of the century. I drove up and brought them back the the Marina Motel, an upscale establishment to the other motels we stayed at. I performed some minor maintenance on the each of the bikes front tires as Will had developed a small crack and Wes had a slow leak. After a tiring day, they decided to feel things out tomorrow morning to determine if they wanted to ride or take a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment