Friday, June 26, 2015

Day 25: Cleveland to Erie

The drop off point at the pier was pretty cool. At 7:30 a.m, not many people were out and about on the pier.

On the way back to pack the bags at the hotel, I passed by the world headquarters of the duct tape factory in Avon, Ohio. It sounded like a pretty big deal, so I had to put up a picture of it.

After I packed the bags, I headed up to Geneva-on-the-Lake to meet up with Wes and Will for lunch. This small lakeside town will filled with gift shops, food stands and a small adventure park. Will insisted that we went go-karting, so we did. He's pretty good, I couldn't keep up with him.

After a long lunch break, the bikers packed it up and headed north along the lakefront. I split for an hour to run, then returned to the route to check in again. After coming back from my run on some trails about a half mile inland, I noted the temperature along the lake was substantially cooler than even just a quarter mile inland. As long as the route stayed along the lake, Wes said they wouldn't have any trouble getting to Erie in Pennsylvania.


Erie is located on the small sliver if Pennsylvania that touches Lake Erie. I don't know if there's an official nickname for that part of the state, but I know it was created so it could have shipping access to the ports on the great lakes. Anyways, the hotel we stayed at was right on the water and we got a great lakefront view. Just as I unpacked the luggage, I heard rolling thunder in the air. I hustled downstairs, got in the car and doubled back to check on the bikers. Fortunately, they were a quarter mile from the hotel by the time by I pulled out of the lot. They got back to the hotel before I did.

25 Days 25 centuries



No comments:

Post a Comment